NGO/NPO SMART’s annual meeting April 10, 2005 adopted the following guidelines in the form of a ”minimum platform”.
To be included in the SMART network, a local primary drug prevention group should follow these minimum requirements:
- individual contracts with children / adolescents
• a minimum of tobacco in the contract
• guardian’s written approval
• temporary membership
• voluntarily to be a member (or abstain) and the right to exit
• the right to come back (even after any exclusion)
• consequence in breach of contract
• positive reinforcement, encouraging the good choices (benefits)
+ Everyone (in the target group) is equally welcome, regardless of creed, race, gender or whatever
+ The Smart Clubs are non-partisan, non-religious, and non-discriminating.
(This minimum platform will be a requirement for new Smart International Network affiliates – and a description of the Contract Concept for those who are interested.)+