Action Plan for Sri Lanka Smart Clubs
Our partner organization in Sri Lanka is Family Wellbeing Centre – a lovely name for an NGO!
They have decided on an Action Plan for 2018 regarding the introduction of the Contract Concept and Smart Clubs in a few schools in Sri Lanka. Well worth reading for you, who are interested in primary prevention yourselves.
SMART CLUBS ACTION PLAN – 2018
Name of the project : Form Smart Club in village levels
Location : Sri Lanka
Project Year : 2018
Implementing Partner : Family Wellbeing Centre of Sri Lanka
Conduct Person : M. Shifan Mohamed
Conduct Phone Number : +094777273055
E-Mail ID or FB Page ID : firstname.lastname@example.org, www.facebook.com/fwcsrilanka
SMART CLUBS BACKGROUND
Early onset alcohol and drug for children and adolescents, we set free, happier, healthy and long life for them. Alcohol, tobacco and drugs affected sustainable development within families that will create family violence, poverty, poor quality education and homelessness etc.
Smart club members will be formed that will be educated, monitored and reacted on alcohol, tobacco and drugs marketing strategies early onset their life in village level. Family Wellbeing Centre will be worked with collaboration of Smart International, government sectors, NGOs, Not-profit organization & private sectors to implement smart clubs actions in field levels.
THE PROJECT PURPOSE
Smart clubs will be selected number of locations to implement smart clubs activities that will be benefited directly smart clubs members and indirectly their families and communities. In selected locations, activities will be implemented to stop or delay early onset alcohol, tobacco and other drugs among children and adolescents.
THE PROJECT GOAL
To stop/ delay early onset alcohol, tobacco and drugs for happier, healthy and long life among children and adolescents
THE PROJECT OBJECTIVES
- To enhance skills of selected smart clubs facilitators, members and community volunteers to achieve smart clubs mission at a satisfactory level in a given smart clubs.
- Initiate smart clubs interventions, processes and activities in selected smart clubs locations to stop or delay early onset alcohol, tobacco and drugs.
- To generate smart clubs manual system to monitor & evaluate the smart clubs performance & provide feedback to ensure continuous improvement on prevention alcohol & tobacco.
- To establish a functioning network among smart clubs to improving the sharing of processes on smart clubs mission.
METHODOLOGY & SETTING – SMART CLUB INTERVENTIONS, REVIEW AND FEEDBACK ON ACTIVITIES
According to particular activities, Smart club interventions will be improved & finalized by FWC team quality & effectiveness of process, working methods, materials and ongoing assessment tools for implementing in field settings. All smart club facilitators will be made their normal roles that will have assignments to initiate processes to achieve goal and specific objectives within smart clubs. They attend to continue review and follow up training sessions.
Particular activities will be developed throughout monthly field visiting of improving smart clubs by addressing family wellbeing issues on identified determinant factors. We follow smart club contract manual for developing of settings.
PARTICULAR ACTIVITIES DESCRIPTION
PARTICULAR ACTIVITIES & INTERVENTIONS
PARTICULAR ACTIVITIES DESCRIPTION
Forming smart clubs in village or area level
· Conducting monthly meeting among smart club members in village level.
· Data gathering and highlight issues
Smart clubs development committee training – on going process
· initiate skills to achieve smart club goal
· enhancing knowledge of alcohol marketing strategies
· address alcohol, tobacco and drugs issues by identified determinant factors within families
· No of related interventions will be provided – 1. Reduce attractive image of alcohol, 2. Realize the real harms, 3. Reduce unfair privileges, 4. Monitoring alcohol marketing strategies etc.
· Improved collaboration with other stakeholders
· Create friendly environment at home
· Increasing the literacy levels
· Increasing attention school regularly
Leisure and creation
· Improve “the wellbeing game”
· Exchanging ideas with other smart clubs members free time
· Sports – cricket, football, volleyball, netball and tennis
Advocacy and networking
· Provide information’s on monitoring alcohol and tobacco marketing strategies & policies
· Enhance knowledge on advocacy role
· Improve collaboration work with stakeholders
· Establish network systems
· Create short videos clips
· Awareness communities
· Promote fresh drinking by educated method of fruits preparation
· Educated fresh drinking benefits through